Tuesday, August 7, 2012

LUCIUS HAMMER and THE HARLEM SHADOW GOING DIGITAL!!!! WHAT?!


God certainly works in mysterious ways. And while I may not always understand those ways or be comfortable with them....I am learning to trust those ways. I woke up Sunday morning and began to comb the internet for information regarding my pet project....RAVENHAMMER COMICS. If you guys have been reading this blog faithfully then you know the blood letting and gladiatorial combat that myself and my colleagues have endured to come as far as we have. While performing different searches in google to see what comes up when searching Lucius Hammer or the Harlem Shadow....I was shocked to find that both books are now available on the Nook (Barnes and Noble's reading device) and also the I-Pad . I was floored. I had no idea how or when this had occurred and for a second....I thought I was hallucinating. I called my right hand man...my tech-guru, my Boy Friday...Derek King and he was equally perplexed. We both knew that back in 2010 we had signed a deal permitting Graphic.ly (an online comic book archive system where members can share digital comics and correspond with one another like facebook) to present our line of comics as part of their extensive online library. We both had been so busy lately with personal lives and their daily navigation that we had missed a vital e-mail announcing that Graphic.ly would be selling their back catalog of e-comics to Barnes and Noble, I-Tunes and The Kindle. That includes LUCIUS HAMMER and THE HARLEM SHADOW. This is huge folks. This means if I can keep writing compelling material alongside a talented artist with a passion for the subject matter...then you guys are going to be getting a lot more of LUCIUS HAMMER and THE HARLEM SHADOW in the future. We are literally on a global stage now....people from all over the planet will be able to upload LUCIUS HAMMER or THE HARLEM SHADOW with a few clicks. I ask without any reservations or shame at all that you HAMMERHEADS (my die-hard, ride or die fans) get on your little devices and buy all four issues from Ravenhammer Comics. The money you spend on these digital books will allow myself and my creative camp to keep making great comic books. If we keep making great comic books...you will keep reading and we will have to keep makin 'em. I would just like to express my thanks to the Big Guy up above for keeping me in this storm. As I have said many times...this is a difficult calling. There have been nights I have laid silent in bed staring at the ceiling wondering if indeed I'm doing the right thing. At the end of the day, all I want to do is tell a good story and get paid for it so I can keep telling you good stories. If you believe in what we are doing here at Ravenhammer and you have benefited from the magic that we make when we are able to freely create our product....invest in us...support us on the Nook, I-Pad, I-Phone and soon....The Kindle. We appreciate it....and I promise as one of the founding partners of Ravenhammer Comics that we will deliver the goods. Today was a good day..http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/lucius-hammer-1-brian-williams/1111661686 http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-harlem-shadow-1-brian-williams/1111661687?ean=9781106921383 http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/lucius-hammer-1/id511622506?mt=11 http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-harlem-shadow-1/id511622555?mt=11

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Bronzevillian Spirit said...

Mr B! and Ravenhammer!! Big Ups 2 you! You and your colleagues deserve some victories!! This is what happens when one stays the course! Now can you add a link so i can pop this info on my blog or FB with a link? Bronzeville Arts Blog! Black AGE!!

August 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey! Congratulations, man. I know I'm over a month behind but that's some serious good news for a creator.

September 15, 2012 at 10:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Brian! David Uslan here. Hit me up when you get a chance!

May 6, 2013 at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home